Changes to be made to our by-laws.

Hello Everyone,
Posted below are the minutes from our April Meeting and revised March Meeting, along with the changes we would like to make with the by-laws.
Boosters is still looking to fill the following positions for next year. Vice President and Fundraiser Chair. If you are interested please contact Janet Berger at gbntheatreboosters.org. Our final meeting of the year will be May 15th, 6:30 in room 1414.
Thank you,
Janet Berger
President


Theatre Booster Meeting Minutes (Amended)

March 6th 2017

6:40(17sec) pm Janet calls Meeting to Order-

Presidents Report: Janet

The following board positions are open for next year. President, Vice President, fundraiser chair and concessions co-chair.  Cast and crew from Blithe Spirit did a fantastic job with the play.

Mr. Kings’s Report:

Blithe Spirit was a great success. Crew rebuilt sets called Hollywood flats. This is a great investment for future plays. These sets are stronger and will last longer.  The Last Night of Ballyhoo rehearsal has started. We have 90 students signed up. Online ticketing is in full force. There will be a surcharge of 1.00 for credit card/online purchases. Booster members can early purchase tickets with the code word ~ Ba11yhoo!

Treasures Report: Jennifer

The beginning balance of the account is $4,628.56, with expenses and deposits the bank balance is currently $4,752.56 .

Secretary Report: Patty

Meeting minutes were approved by Diane and second by Jennifer

Committees:

Fundraising: Brenda

MOD Pizza was the last fundraiser. We received $176.00.  Next fundraiser will be at Portillo’s on March 20th 5pm-8pm. 20% will be donated back to theatre boosters. We will ask to go back to Potbelly’s in May.

Concessions: Jennifer

Money made from the concession sales from Blithe was $347.00. The candy and supplies for concessions and brunch will be stored in a locked cabinet/closet in room 1414.

Scholarship: Barb Forsner

All information for scholarship applications is posted on schoology. All applications must be completed and submitted by April 7th.  At our next board meeting, April 17th we will need parents, whose children have not submitted an application, to help with this process of picking a recipient.

Web Page: Simon

Updated webpage about online ticket sales and fundraisers. Will add art for Ballyhoo.

Old News:

We have a motion on the table from the previous meeting about changing 2 signatures to 1 signature on the checks.   It was brought up in the meeting by Kelly Sheridan that we need to put in writing what it says now in the by-laws and what we want to change it to. We will do that in the minutes and discuss it and vote on it at our next meeting on April 17th.

 New Information:

  1. Discussion about how much and how many scholarships to give. We will come to that conclusion upon seeing how many applications come to us. Minimum of 2 scholarships will be awarded.
  2. Discussion about purchasing Usher Jackets. Ultimately, decided to postpone this idea. There are too many variables with sizes and maintaining the cleaning of jackets used.
  3. With money in the account we are discussing supporting Theatre Honor Society’s banquet. We will complete the discussion next month.
  4. One Night Only production has limited funds for the production on March 17th. Janet made a motion to donate up to $500.00 to support this function. Diane seconds the motion.

Next Booster Meeting is April 17th @ 6:30pm in Room 1414

7:34 pm Jennifer moved to adjourn, Diana seconded

In attendance for March 6th meeting: Jennifer O’Connell, Janet Berger, Nathan King, Diana Lantz, Patty Glade, Brenda Lyman, Robert Frusolone, Kelly Sheridan.


Theatre Booster Meeting Minutes

April 17th 2017

6:36pm Janet calls Meeting to Order-

Secretary Report: Patty

Last month’s minutes will be amended and the actual verbiage of the bylaws change will be taken out of the minutes since the actual verbiage of the new bylaws was not physically said in the March meeting. The amended minutes will be posted. With the changes made, the March minutes were approved by Kathy and second by Diane.

Presidents Report: Janet

We are happy to announce that Patty Glade will be the Theatre Booster President for 2017/18 year. We still have the following board positions open for next year, Vice President, Secretary, and fundraiser chair. There has been an email sent out to all Booster members about the open positions. On March 20th One Night Only production was performed. We approve up to $500.00 to donate to this production for food. The night was a success. For their hard work I would like to thank Diana Lantz, Kathy Bender and especially to Nicole Andrews for making the pasta. May 8th Noodles & Co. is opening. We were approached to host a fundraiser on May 7th. Tickets are $5.00ea. The ticket must be present to enter and the ticket is good for 1 entrée and 1 drink. All money and unsold tickets must be returned by April 29th. 200 tickets have been passed out to the students. The money raised will support the Theatre Honor Society Banquet.  Saturday, April 22nd, Joe Cotton Ford will host a fundraiser for post prom at Glenbard North. With our support of volunteers, we can make up to $1000.00 for Theatre Boosters.  Each car test driven, Joe Cotton will donate $20.00.

Mr. King’s Report:

Ballyhoo is running very smooth. Now we are working with tech and moving items/set. Friday night there will be a paint call. There will be a sound run through on Saturday. Dress rehearsal will be next Saturday. Going forward, there will be only 1 parent informational meeting at the beginning of the school year. We have found that the parent meeting for each individual performance is not well attended. The information from the parent meetings will be emailed to the parents for all the following productions.

Treasures Report: Jennifer

The beginning balance of the account is $4,826.64. We donated $426.02 to One Night Only. Fundraiser from MOD pizza brought in $176.00. Just received the check tonight from Portillo’s fundraiser we raised $106.00.  Barb asked if we have a spreadsheet for past fundraisers and how much we made. Janet said we do not but that would be a good idea to start one.

Committees:

Fundraising: Brenda

We do not need any more fundraising for this school year. We will look at the past fundraisers to see what we will do again for next year. We had a fundraiser about once a month and we will definitely have a fundraiser at Potbelly’s again. We raised the most money with them.

Concessions: Jennifer

The candy and supplies for concessions and brunch will be stored in a locked cabinet/closet in room 1414.

Scholarship: Barb Forsner

There have been 6 applications submitted. We will read and decide on 2 $500.00 scholarships tonight. Awards night will be May 17th. Checks need to be written and information of winners needs to be submitted to Glenbard within the next week.

Web Page: Simon

He will meet with Brenda to hand over all the website information.

Old News:

With changing the bylaws from 2 signatures to 1 signature on check writing, there was an objection from Kelly. She objected the 2 week notification on the change was not 2 weeks, it was only 10 days. Her objection was noted and we will vote on the change at our May meeting.

New Information:

No New Business

Next Booster Meeting is May 15th @ 6:30pm in Room 1414

7:42 pm Jennifer moved to adjourn, Barb seconded

In attendance for April 17th meeting: Jennifer O’Connell, Janet Berger, Nathan King, Diana Lantz, Patty Glade, Brenda Lyman, Simon Silva, Kathy Bender, Kelly Sheridan, Jen Flynn, Barbara Forsner


Wording of the changes to be made for the Theatre Booster Bylaws.

Currently in the by- laws Article Vlll (D) The Treasurer shall be the custodian of the funds of the Association, such funds to be deposited in a bank of the Executive Committees choice. The Treasurer shall disburse these funds at the direction of the Executive Committee. All Checks will be signed by the Treasurer and shall be signed by another member of the Executive Committee. The Treasurer shall prepare a statement of the financial condition of the Association for each meeting. A committee appointed by the President shall conduct an annual audit of the office.

We propose to change it to: Article Vlll (D) The Treasurer shall be the custodian of the funds of the Association, such funds to be deposited in a bank of the Executive Committees choice. The Treasurer shall disburse these funds at the direction of the Executive Committee. All Checks will be signed by the Treasurer or by another member of the Executive Committee that is on the checking account. The Treasurer shall prepare a statement of the financial condition of the Association for each meeting. A committee appointed by the President shall conduct an annual audit of the office.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s