Meeting minutes for 3/6/2017

Theatre Booster Meeting Minutes

March 6th 2017

6:40(17sec) pm Janet calls Meeting to Order-

Presidents Report: Janet

The following board positions are open for next year. President, Vice President, fundraiser chair and concessions co-chair.  Cast and crew from Blithe Spirit did a fantastic job with the play.

Mr. Kings’s Report:

Blithe Spirit was a great success. Crew rebuilt sets called Hollywood flats. This is a great investment for future plays. These sets are stronger and will last longer.  The Last Night of Ballyhoo rehearsal has started. We have 90 students signed up. Online ticketing is in full force. There will be a surcharge of 1.00 for credit card/online purchases. Booster members can early purchase tickets with the code word ~ Ba11yhoo!

Treasures Report: Jennifer

The beginning balance of the account is $4,628.56, with expenses and deposits the bank balance is currently $4,752.56 .  

Secretary Report: Patty

Meeting minutes were approved by Diane and second by Jennifer

Committees:

Fundraising: Brenda

MOD Pizza was the last fundraiser. We received $176.00.  Next fundraiser will be at Portillo’s on March 20th 5pm-8pm. 20% will be donated back to theatre boosters. We will ask to go back to Potbelly’s in May.

Concessions: Jennifer

Money made from the concession sales from Blithe was $347.00. The candy and supplies for concessions and brunch will be stored in a locked cabinet/closet in room 1414.

Scholarship: Barb Forsner

All information for scholarship applications is posted on schoology. All applications must be completed and submitted by April 7th.  At our next board meeting, April 17th we will need parents, whose children have not submitted an application, to help with this process of picking a recipient.  

Web Page: Simon

Updated webpage about online ticket sales and fundraisers. Will add art for Ballyhoo.

Old News:

We have a motion on the table from the previous meeting about changing 2 signatures to 1 signature on the checks.   It was brought up in the meeting by Kelly Sheridan that we need to put in writing what it says now in the by-laws and what we want to change it to. We will do that in the minutes and discuss it and vote on it at our next meeting on April 17th.

Currently in the by- laws Article Vlll (D) The Treasurer shall be the custodian of the funds of the Association, such funds to be deposited in a bank of the Executive Committees choice. The Treasurer shall disburse these funds at the direction of the Executive Committee. All Checks will be signed by the Treasurer and shall be signed by another member of the Executive Committee. The Treasurer shall prepare a statement of the financial condition of the Association for each meeting. A committee appointed by the President shall conduct an annual audit of the office.  

We propose to change it to: Article Vlll (D) The Treasurer shall be the custodian of the funds of the Association, such funds to be deposited in a bank of the Executive Committees choice. The Treasurer shall disburse these funds at the direction of the Executive Committee. All Checks will be signed by the Treasurer or by another member of the Executive Committee that is on the checking account. The Treasurer shall prepare a statement of the financial condition of the Association for each meeting. A committee appointed by the President shall conduct an annual audit of the office.

New Information:

  1. Discussion about how much and how many scholarships to give. We will come to that conclusion upon seeing how many applications come to us. Minimum of 2 scholarships will be awarded.  
  2. Discussion about purchasing Usher Jackets. Ultimately, decided to postpone this idea. There are too many variables with sizes and maintaining the cleaning of jackets used.
  3. With money in the account we are discussing supporting Theatre Honor Society’s banquet. We will complete the discussion next month.
  4. One Night Only production has limited funds for the production on March 17th. Janet made a motion to donate up to $500.00 to support this function. Diane seconds the motion.

Next Booster Meeting is April 17th @ 6:30pm in Room 1414

7:34 pm Jennifer moved to adjourn, Diana seconded

In attendance for March 6th meeting: Jennifer O’Connell, Janet Berger, Nathan King, Diana Lantz, Patty Glade, Brenda Lyman, Robert Frusolone, Kelly Sheridan.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s