THEATRE BOOSTER MEETING MINUTES
Meeting called to Order: 12/9/2019 6:35 PM CT
Prior Meeting Minutes Approved: Nicole Andrews, Mary Ellen Graf
Attendance: Nicole Andrews, Mary Ellen Graf, Ronnie Bakir, Nathan King, Christine Housour, Lori Kent, Violeta Paunova
President’s Report: Nicole
50/50 raffle – There is no fee (unless you need rush) an 3 permits allowed per schoolyear, however we must fill form and submit request to village for each production. Nicole has submitted all required paperwork for remainder of year. Permit has to have TB President or requestor’s name on the permit with C/O GBN Theatre Boosters.
Faculty Report: Nathan
Almost Maine information:
- 64 auditions, 16 cast
- 102 sign-ups for theatre cast and crew for this production thus far
- Most produced play in H.S. today, very good script/story that all can relate to
- Same author as Love/Sick, however this one is set in suburbia
Treasure’s Report: Violeta
- Received McAlister’s Deli fundraiser check received/not yet deposited $117.49
- Bus check $1,500 provided to Mr. King for Jan 2020 theatre-fest
- New request funding assistance for Flying apparatus company for Matilda Musical
- Estimated cost is $4,460, GBN Theatre Boosters had budgeted for $2,500, the difference is $1,960.
- All present verbally reconfirmed $2,500, and check can be sent to Mr. King whenever needed.
- We decided to wait to see revenue reported from Almost Maine in Feb from USB/Concessions/50-50, before we make a decision on whether we are able to contribute more than $2,500 currently budgeted.
- Thus, we will present and obtain vote at Mar. 2nd meeting.
Fundraising: Tina (not present)
- Nicole provided Tina’s report in her absence.
- Tina is in communication with Portillo’s for the next Fundraiser dinner night
Concessions/Dress Rehearsal Brunch: Lori Kent
- Twelfth Night Dress Rehearsal was a success. Many contributed food and we covered dietary restrictions as much as possible. Plenty of food without an overabundance.
- Lori will be purchasing a few items for concessions (Twizzlers, Kit Kats, etc) that we are completely out of. I will purchase/donate better quality water bottles to reduce noise.
- SignUp Genius will be posted for Aida Performance show in 1/5/2020 concessions. No 50/50.
- Almost Maine Dress Rehearsal – 2/8/2020 – plan to add 2 crockpots of soup to normal fair.
• After the meeting, Violeta brought scholarship information from last year and explained high level to Mary Ellyn Graf
- 29 members, 16 premium
- Mr. Lopez to contact those Mr. King reported as sending in Membership forms, but have yet to send membership fee.
Web Page: Brian (not present)
- Donations button – Violeta to give Brian routing information for bank account to hook to DONATE button.
- Promo sheet to put in acrylic frame on concession table
- One Night Only
- Mr. King to provide food – planning Rocco Vinos
- Boosters collectively agreed to provide drinks and desserts
Next Booster Meeting:
- Jan. 13, 2020 6:30 pm
- Mar. 2, 2020 7:00 pm, after Matilda Parent information meeting
Called to Adjourn: Meeting adjourned at 7:21 pm