Glenbard North Theatre Boosters Meeting – April 23, 2021 (Following Parent Information Meeting)
Present: Mary Ellen Graf, Christine Housour, Violeta Paunova, Nathan King, Ronnie Bakir, theatre parents
President Report – Mary Ellen
- Welcomed parents
- Asked board members to introduce themselves and talk a little about what they do in their role
- Described open positions – Vice President, Secretary, Fundraising
Faculty Report – Mr. King
- Mr. Lopez resigned, so Mr. King will be getting a new assistant
- Submitting Silent Sky to the Illinois Theatre Festival. Costs will be higher – bus will be 1 student/entire bus seat, hotel will be 1 student/room. School would help defray costs. Could take GBN buses instead of a bus liner.
- Will be using Ruby again.
- Carwash has been approved for September 11th. Tickets from Nicole, Mr. King will put online. Tickets sell for $5 each.
- Can do brunch. Boosters would wear mask and gloves and serve students.Use cafeteria, which has sneeze guards.
Treasurer Report – Violeta
- Preliminary budget estimating $5,450.00 in income from membership, fundraising, concessions, 50/50 raffle, flash drives, and cash box. Expenses estimated at $5,325.00 – scholarships, concessions, 50/50 raffle, Secretary of State, cash box, play/musical support.
- Chris Henry will be Treasurer next year. Violeta and Mary Ellen will make arrangements with BMO Bank to remove Violeta’s name and add Chris’s.
- Membership – Christine
- Has membership forms.
- Will also have membership sign-up available on website, like last year.
- Fundraising –
- Can do carwash. Will purchase pizza for students. Mr. King will be present.
- Need Fundraising Chair.
- Will continue to do restaurant fundraisers.
- Brunch/Concessions – Ronnie
- Candy donated from a student’s parent to be used for concessions.
- Scholarships – Christine
- No report.
- Website Maintenance Technician
- Mr. King will ask his new assistant to work on website.
Next meeting: October 18, 2021 – 6:30 PM – Room 1417